If you follow me on Instagram (@lulu_eleanor FYI) then you will already know I have a love for all things food, in particular cake whether that’s eating or baking it. Chocolate cake is definitely my forte (see here) but today I branched out and lent my hand to a Lemon Drizzle Traybake – yum! I find lemon drizzle cake to be really refreshing and the best thing about this recipe is it uses the all in one method which is perfect for a quick baking session.
For the cake you will need:
225g or 8oz butter (room temperature)
225g or 8oz caster sugar
275g or 9 1/2 oz self raising flour
1sp baking powder
4 large eggs
Grated zest of 2 lemons (save the rest for the glaze)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 160C fan, 350f, or gasmark 4. Grease a traybake tin and line with baking paper.
2. Place all the ingredients into a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer for around 2 minutes until smooth. If you are using a wooden spoon this may take a little longer.
3. Spread the mixture evenly into the lined tin and pop in the oven for 35-40 minutes. Or take it out when its springy to touch and well risen.
4. Transfer to a wire rack.
For the glaze you will need:
175g or 6oz sugar
Juice of 2 lemons
1. Squeeze out the juice of the lemons
2.Mix the lemon and sugar together
3. Use a skewer to make holes in the top of the cake and then drizzle over the cake whilst its still warm.
4. Once cool cut into squares.
What’s your favourite thing to bake?
Follow Lucy’s Lookbook on Bloglovin’ here